Thursday 12 November 2015

Letters 22-33

Celie and Shug

Shug’s first words to Celie are:
“You sure is ugly.”
Why do you think Celie continues to like Shug?

When Mr._____’s Dad comes to visit he reprimands his son for his lifestyle.
Consequently, Celie and Mr._____ share a moment of eye contact and she says:
“the closest us ever felt.”
Why do you think she says this?





Shug and Albert

We learn from Shug that Mr._____’s name is Albert.
Why do you think we learn this from Shug and not Celie?





Harpo
Why do you think Harpo is eating so much?
Why do you think Celie goes back on her advice to Harpo about beating Sophia?


Celie

Celie is becoming self-aware:
“I might as well be under the table, for all they care. I hate the way I look, I hate the way I’m dress.”
Why do you think this is the case?


Comment on the theme of sexuality in letters 22-33.

No comments:

Post a Comment